Friday, April 18, 2014

nsd is just around the corner

NSD (National Scrapbook Day) is the first Saturday of May --this year that happens on May 3rd. For the fourth year in a row, I'll be a vendor at a weekend crop in Orange County, California. And even though it will be a "working" weekend for me, there will be plenty of time between customers for  doing some of my own cropping.

My "PaperCraft Princess" traveling crafting boutique

There wasn't a lot of time for me to scrapbook over the past year (I'll save that topic for another post), but I'm looking forward to getting my crafty groove back on this year. In fact, I've already gone to one crop and managed to do a few layouts. And I'm really looking forward to getting some more done for NSD.

To boost my motivation/creativity/enthusiasm/productivity for that weekend, I've decided to join a couple of online events. The first one is Big Picture Classes "National Scrapbook Day 10k". The event is free and includes hourly ideas and inspiration from leading instructors. Participants will be posting their creations to Instagram (using the hashtag #NSD10k and the tag @bigpictureclasses).

Big Picture Classes
Free event with hourly inspiration

I'm also going to try to play along with some of the challenges at Scrapbook.com's (Inter)National Scrapbook Day event. They've already listed challenge "teasers" so participants can get supplies and photos ready.


ScrapbookdotCom NSD2014
Free event with a variety of challenges

Did I mention both events will be giving away prizes? Who doesn't love a giveaway, right?

So... what will YOU be doing for NSD 2014?

2 comments:

Pink Ladybug said...

Are you going to the thing Laurie puts on? Do you have ticket info? I want to do a smash day soon.

Cindy F said...

Yes, the NSD event is the one Laurie puts on. Sorry I missed your comment earlier to give you ticket info. :-( It would be fun to have another smash day, tho! :-)