Saturday, February 25, 2012

Graphic 45 Design Team 2012 Audition

"I didn't have big movie offers, or any big agents wanting to work with me. I had to go grassroots, start at the bottom and go on 150 auditions before someone finally gave me a shot."
~ Donnie Wahlberg

So, I guess you could say I can relate to the above quote. I'm a happy designer and teacher quietly working away in my corner of the big, bold world of crafting. There are no manufacturers banging down my door, no one with connections out there campaigning on my behalf. Like Donnie, I'm grassroots all the way, starting at the bottom and stepping up to audition for a place on the prestigious and very desirable Graphic 45 Design Team.

So am I ready for my close up? Honestly, I'm not sure about that, but nonetheless here it goes. These are some recent projects I've created using Graphic 45 products.

Project #1 - Gift Bag (Fashionista)
I thought it would be fun to alter a cereal box into something useful, so our empty box of raisin bran turned into something less healthy but much more appealing (if you ask me).


 Here is a close up of the flower I made to embellish it:

Project #2 - Diorama magnet (Steampunk Debutante)
I had fun re-coloring the metal base and the watch parts for this piece with alcohol inks. How lucky for me that the alcohol inks in my stash match the Steampunk Debutante line perfectly.




Project #3 - "On the Boulevard" layout (A Perfect Gentleman, Curtain Call)
I have to admit that I love crossing lines, and it's especially easy with Graphic 45. Many of the collections have shared elements and hues. It really lets me extend my options when I'm creating and was ideal for working with photos from my son's "Great Gatsby" themed graduation party.


Project #4 - Notecard (Fashionista)
I love making cards of all types, from the very clean and simple to those that are more elaborate and technique heavy. This one falls somewhere in between, I think.


Project #5 - "Well Behaved Women" mini quote book (On the Boardwalk)
I've made this little book for my dearest  friend who I know will treasure it. The bathing beauties in this collection just begged for a fun project to share with my BFF.

Project #6 - "Cards, Calls, Emails" organizer (Communique)
This little organizer is made from a standard sized manila file folder that I've folded into this cute little pocketed book. I'll be tucking a sheet into each pocket to keep track of my own communications. The last pocket holds a flip open book with contact info, and the closure for the organizer is a simple binder clip, easily removed and replaced.

Project #7 - "Party Girls" layout (Curtain Call)
One more layout to end my audition with. These are some more photos from my son's grad party. Once again, "Curtain Call" was an ideal choice.
Thank you for the opportunity, Graphic 45!  ~Cindy Fahrbach

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

fabulous! Hoping you make it~

Michelle said...

I love your work Cindy.