Saturday, February 25, 2012

CHAW 2012 pics

It's been three weeks since the CHA Winter trade show ended, and here I am finally posting some of my photos and highlights. I was surprised to find that I'd taken a lot less photos than I normally do and that they were a different type of photo. It probably had something to do with what my focus was for the show (meaning I was thinking ahead to what product lines I'd order for classes). So, the fun project photos of projects are a bit thinner than usual.



First off, the lovely folks at Epiphany Crafts who are very much on my mind right now (coincidentally, I happen to be back at the Anaheim Convention Center again this weekend working the Epiphany booth for Scrapbook Expo). Isn't the garland in the booth amazing? It was made of cupcake wrappers and coffee filters and it was absolutely beautiful! Epiphany introduced a couple of "must-have" new tools. I totally have my eye on the pennant tool - too cute!


Next a few pics from the Heidi Swapp booth. First, have to say again that it was an absolute pleasure to work the booth and be there for her big re-debut. Heidi had the most AMAZING samples to inspire visitors. I loved the innovation and creativity of her new products and the many projects on display.

The glass display cabinets were changed out daily with fresh eye candy. This was easily my favorite display using the "Instaframes" which make any photo look like a cool polaroid.



The Instaframes are part of the Memory File collection, which also includes beautiful file boxes and sets of die cut patterned folders. I was enchanted by the cute projects using these folders.


And while I'm on the subject of "Heidis" (yes that was plural), I had the privilege of having one of my layouts displayed in the Heidi Grace "Clever Handmade" booth. I guess the company was a bit short of samples, so the night before the show started a call went out for some samples to be made. It was a great experience, and a bit of a challenge since I had only a handful of supplies picked up from the booth the night before the show. Heidi really wanted to show off her new embroidery pattern rubons, so I did quite a bit of embroidery on this layout:


The Maya Road booth is always one of my favorites. They are an embellishments & trims company so that is right up my alley. They have some great designers and always display so many adorable samples.

  

AccuCut is another booth that always features tons of samples and inspiration. I've never opened any of the mini books to see if the insides are decorated or not, but it's fun to browse the covers.


And of course, the showstopper for samples is Graphic 45. Their booth is so full of amazing samples that I can never quite absorb them in one visit I usually have to stop by multiple times to really appreciate the full display. I will leave you with some of the amazement...

No comments: