Tuesday, January 17, 2012

scrap space right now

I should clarify that this is my "working" space. I also have a storage space that is not at all a pretty sight and which I will also be working on during the "Resolve to Get Organized" series. Maybe (just maybe) I'll talk about that space in another post.

So this is what you might call the "far end" of my rectangular living room. I believe it is meant to serve as a formal dining space. Last summer, after repainting the living room, I decided it was time to upgrade this end of the room so that it wasn't so out of place with the rest of the living space. As you can see, it still looks like a workspace and a crafty one at that, but it isn't quite as cluttered looking as it used to be back when mis-matched furniture lining the walls. I couldn't find a "before" photo to share, so you'll have to take my word for this.


I love my big IKEA "Expedit" unit which now serves as the main storage area for my supplies. It's taken awhile to get used to which supplies are in what cubby, but I've got that down finally. The area is a mess in this picture (and it usually is), but that table to the left in front of my sliding glass doors is not usually there. Those are leftover kits & class supplies from my JUG event in December. That's the first target for my organizational effort!

The floating shelves you see at the right in the pic above and close-up below hold some supplies too, as does the sideboard below them. Mostly tools and generic supplies like adhesives, mists, tapes and glitters.


But the big IKEA unit is the backbone of my supplies where there are bins dedicated to my rainbow section of my stash. Each of the boxes on the fourth shelf houses two colors of the rainbow, with another box holding 'rainbow/mixed' supplies. Those damask paperholders on the second shelf hold my cardstock and the other shelves hold assorted often-used tools and supplies. In the drawers are stamping supplies and punches, with larger tools and liquids in the two end cabinets.


 
 The only thing I haven't yet figured out how or rather where to store is my "themed" supplies. Fortunately, I don't have many of these because they aren't something I use much. But I do have some and would really like to get a ScrapRack Travel Pack and a few extra spinders for those supplies.

I'll be posting more photos as I trudge through the organization course, so stay tuned!

No comments: