Saturday, August 15, 2009

doing the shop hop-hop-hop


I've been hopping for a week now and boy are my legs sore!

(If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, you can read up on the SoCal Shop Hop here.)

The first SoCal Shop Hop was two years ago and I had so much fun touring the SoCal landscape visiting lots of scrapbooking and craft stores I'd never been to before. It was a challenge to cover lots of ground while staying within the confines of the varying store hours. It was also challenging for this native Californian to navigate the many unfamiliar terrains that fell outside my regular stomping grounds. But the excitement of racing around the countryside was pretty thrilling - it reminded me of that tv show "The Amazing Race" but without having to eat weird stuff or go bungee jumping or slog through mud or whatever. (Click here to see all my Shop Hop posts - you'll need to scroll down past the new posts to see original 2007 Shop Hop posts.)

This year, I'm older, wiser and more experienced. So what does that mean? Simply that we are getting lost less, covering more ground (& more quickly) and having a rocking time!

30 stores down! Only seven more to catch on our San Diego run this coming week. I can't wait to start on my store-by-store blog posts (including pics of the good stuff I've found!) So, stay tuned!

No comments: