Monday, July 19, 2010

teaching this weekend

Hey, guess what?!? 

I've got a class coming up this weekend - my second time teaching at Scrap N' Yap in Monrovia. The class was originally scheduled for May, but due to circumstances at the store outside of everyone's control my class had to be postponed.

So, while this was originally envisioned as a "spring" theme class, thanks to the breezy, fresh appeal of the Dear Lizzy line (American Crafts), this book really would work for summer photos too. The "You Make Me Smile" album is a mini book (6x6), with chipboard covers and eight interior cardstock pages. I've used lots and LOTS of die cuts and other cute accents to give it a whimsical, fun feel. Plus, I'll be teaching students how to do a "perfect binding" which is a great technique to use in future projects.

If you're local to SoCal and you're looking for a good excuse to beat the heat this weekend, come on down to Monrovia and join me!

Here are some peeks at the inside of the book:





This mini banner is really easy and fun to make!

This is a cd envelope so that you can store more photos right inside the book.


Hope I see you there!

1 comment:

Angela said...

super cute...hope it went well!!