Monday, February 1, 2010

CHA W'10 - it's a wrap!

For the fourth year in a row, I had the pleasure of attending the Craft & Hobby Association Winter Trade Show. It's something I (and many of my fellow crafters) look forward to with eager anticipation.  Scrapbook and other craft manufacturers roll out their new product releases from papers to accents to tools along with lots of inspiration in the form of beautifully appointed booths and extraordinary samples showcasing the new lines. This year was no exception.

There is no way to re-capture and feature all the yummy-ness that is CHA in my blog, but here are some of the high points of my trip this year. These are things that caught my eye, made me sigh or oogle, and generally made my fingers itch to create.

Today, I want to highlight some of the vintage (and vintage-inspired) goodness on display at this year's show. What I especially loved about this year's offerings was that there was a greater variety of color and style (because all vintage is not created equal, right?)

Here are just a few of my faves:

First the new line from Advantus by Margie Romney-Aslett, "The Girls Paperie". So feminine and soft and so much to love!
 
  

 

I was also enamored by the new GCD Studios lines designed by Melody Ross. The colors are vibrant and glorious and the detail in the embellishments is classic. These images are from the new Homespun Chic line.
 

One of my favorite lines for the last three years is Graphic 45. Not only are their papers sublime, their booth is always incredible. I could do a single, very long blog post with all my love for this company, but you'll have to settle for this sweet peek. Their take on vintage is always elegant and sophisticated. The have three new lines this year, "A Proper Gentleman", "Le' Romantique" and "On the Boardwalk". Now I just have to decide which line to feature in an upcoming class. (These pics are from the Le Romantique line.)
 
  
  
  
Jenni Bowlin is another perennial fave with more vintage goodness.  I like the wholesome, Americana feel of the line. I had the opportunity to take a banner class that used a lot of these new Jenni Bowlin products - fun!
  
  
  
 
 7Gypsies never fails to deliver when it comes to vintage. Again, this is a booth with so much retro eye-candy that I could fill pages with the pics I took, but here is a small taste of what was on display.

  
  
  
  

That's all for today, but I'm planning to post more pics during the coming week so stay tuned!

No comments: