Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CHA continued...

So by now, you're probably getting an idea of what I like and what I love and what intrigues me. But just to make my preferences abundantly clear, today I'm going to do a big, pictureful, random post about lines I love.

Once again, you can click on any of the images to see them larger.

Now, to start with even though they've been around forever and are not on the new, up-and-coming list, I will start by telling you I have always loved Making Memories and K & Company. They've just been a steady, you-can-always-count-on-them-for-goodness, reliable companies. That said, for some reason I didn't get as many pics in their booths as I usually do.

However, here are some pics of the new "Handmade" line by K & Co. Be sure to check out Craft Critique for a thorough review of this line.

 

  

  

  

  

  

 

Again, I'm a bit thin on pics of the paper lines & embellies at Making Memories. I snapped some pics of some new Slice stuff (I've decided I need a Slice too - love the portability).


 
 

Transparencies - I'm loving these
  

A new pink Slice!
  
And a cute baby line

 

And a cute travel line
 


But the newest offering at Making Memories (in case you haven't heard already) -they are now doing jewelry! Oh yum! The make-n-take at their booth was a cute little charm necklace. The product displays for the new line were thrift shop chic all the way. Take a look...




 

 



So, what about some of the other lines I'm loving? Well, I'm glad you asked!

Pink Paislee
I had the pleasure of working the Pink Paislee booth the first day of CHA. I am so in love with all their new lines. The new canvas albums are so fabulous - especially  the natural album. The brilliant designers at PP had the great idea to make the press-ons for the three new lines the exact same size as the cover of the natural canvas album so that users can customize their albums to match the line they are using. Stroke of genius!

 

 
May I take your order?

Here are the press ons (rub-ons) - 
above is 365 degrees line, below is Queen Bee line
 

And did I mention the pleated ribbon? There are four different duos that match the new lines perfectly (the Bayberry Cottage line has two different duos-- the neutral set of cream & black will match all the lines). And it is stitched twill. I *love* twill!

The new artisan tapes are very cool too. I've seen tapes in the scrapbooking market before, but these are a little sturdier, opaque and yet the rolls fit onto a standard tape dispenser. What I really love is all the awesome ideas the creative team had for working with tape. The dimension they created opened my eyes and my world.

  

 


Teresa Collins
Can I say I love, Love, LOVE Teresa Collins! She has the most amazingly gorgeous products - classic and understated at the same time that they are sumptious and rich. Her booth was amazing with this fabulous chandelier that she hand- jewelled. After the show, Teresa donated the chandelier  from her booth (kind of hard to see, but it is below her name in the pic below) to Scrapbook Royalty where it was auctioned off with the benefits going to Haiti. She is quite an amazing lady - and was gracious enough to join the Willow Traders for our CHA dinner. We love you, Teresa!


 

 



At the Willow Traders dinner, l to r: Chelle, Julie, Me & Teresa

Tattered Angels

It seems like I love Tattered Angels more with every passing year, every passing show. This year they debuted some very yummy products: Glimmer Glaze, Glimmer Glam and Chalkboard Glimmer Mist.

 
Heidi Swapp has formulated some of the new colors and let me just inject here that her samples and the new tags with the gold foil and "hidden" text/images are beautiful. I caught one of Heidi's demos. For those of you interested in her techniques with the Glimmer mist, check out this video.

  

  

  

  

KaiserCraft

As usual, Kaiser had plenty of purdiness. I have to admit I have one line that I'm really digging (and hoping to maybe do a class with.... hmmm, we'll see). The samples were fantastic and they have a new wood tree that is so adorable!

 

  

  

  
 
Websters Pages

The booth at Websters was way different than what we've seen the last couple of years. Scaled down with few samples and a very to-the-point all business feel. But guess, what? I'm still a huge fan and loving what they brought.

Then bulk trims are yummy and so are the embellies.

 

  

  

  

  

 


Tim Holtz

Mr. H has some new beautiful dies for Sizzix and his very own Sizzix machine which looks like a vintage suitcase - it is so CUTE! . He also designed some embossing folders that fade away at one end for a very distressed look. (Sorry I don't have a pic of any of these things, but trust me - they are must haves!)

 

  

 


Dear Lizzy by American Crafts
Lastly, I'm in love with the charming new "Dear Lizzy" line from American Crafts. This line smacks of fresh laundry and the those lovely days of spring transitioning into summer.


 

  

  

  

 

Stay tuned for more from my CHA adventure!

No comments: