Thursday, August 27, 2009

day 2 - socal shophop '09

I had hoped to post my shop hopping adventures before now, but this is my first chance to sit down and compose. I wasn't sure how many days it would take to get to all the stores, but in the end I did my stops over the course of 6 days of varying lengths.

Our first "big" day was on Saturday, August 8 - we did 13 stores that day (applause, please!)

First was Scrapbooking Heaven in Westminster. The mk-n-take was ocean/beach themed (using the same paper line I used in my By the Sea class - cool!) Also grabbed a sheet of some distressed grid Hambly transparency and blk & beige flocked paper. The store was offering a 6x6 calendar for ShopHoppers to incorporate some of the S.H. make-n-takes into - great idea!



Next we headed for A to Z Scrapbooking in Torrance. It looked so different from the last time I was there - they'd done some painting and re-done the floor too.

My findings (above) and me hamming it up again (below)

After that we were back in Huntington Beach for three stores...

At The Scrapbook Garden I found some lovely Rouge de Garance papers (not carried too many places, so this made me happy). I also picked up my very first bottle of Maya Rd. Mist and a big ole refill bottle of Un-du. I don't really go thru Un-du that often, but I'm a big old refill bottle kind of gal so there ya go. (We had an Elvis sighting outside the store, too --my second one of the summer 'cause you just *know* I saw him in Vegas.)

Goodies from the Scrapbook Garden (above) and me outside the store (below)
At Perfect Day Scrapbooking, I found some Elvis paper (now how convenient was that?). I also picked up a little metal notepad/pen holder so that I will *always* have paper in my bag on which to jot whatever. Found some "Paris" themed paper by g.c.d. studios --perfect for a class I have in mind.

Outside of Perfect Day Scrapbooking (above) and my purchases (below)
Our last Huntington Beach Store was Once Upon a Memory (where we ran into a trio of SGT gals - Sharon W, Irene B, and Stephanie Z). This was a big store - easy to lose track of time in the larger stores, let me tell you.

Mind you, I was trying to stay away from paper at all the stores
but so many of them had lovely specialty papers like the transparencies
and flocked paper I found here (grabbed some G45 cherries, too).



Next we were off to Oh Scrap in Costa Mesa, a very cute store. Here I am with my mom and my friend Allison:
It's funny how I almost always seem to end up with color coordinated
purchases - it's not planned (must be subliminal)



From there it was Timeless Treasures in Rancho Santa Margarita. It's quite a trek out to this store, but the highway (a toll road) was wide open which is a nice change from the freeway traffic I'm used to. Found me some cute stuff:

Headed back west to Scrappin' in the Hills in Anaheim Hills. They get bonus points for giving us cupcakes!
Goodies above and below!


We were way off schedule by the time we were ready to head up to The Scrappin' Table in Placentia. We had about 30 minutes until closing and called ready to beg Michelle to wait for us, but she's a sweetie and we didn't have to grovel or anything. She had the new G45 in so I was able to stock up on all the gorgeous new papers.

Our expedition team (minus my daughter who is taking the pic)
Look at all that yummy cardstock! And my new G45 below...

We made a quick stop at the Metropolitan Scrapbook Co. in Chino. Some VERY cool Prima product here --not too surprising since MSC and Prima are practically neighbors! The clerk got swarmed with ShopHoppers while we were there, but was a sweetie despite being there by herself and having a bunch of crazy scrappers to wait on.

Allison and I get our "passport-and-sign" pic just as the sun sets above and my goodies below

Followed by another stop, this time at The Scrapping Lounge in Montclair. There was a celebration going on at the Lounge - it's the store's anniversary and they were having a safari crop. We were surprised & delighted to find lead Fiskateer Cheryl Waters there, We knew the Lounge was on her schedule of the 15th, but because we were so off our schedule we thought we'd missed her. So nice to finally meet her. I also met another of my FB scrapping friends that I hadn't met in person, Toni Burks-Grijalva. We "monkeyed" around for a bit but then had to move on.
Rina, me and Debbie
Love the safari spread that Debbie laid out for her croppers
The goods

Our last stop of the day (night) was Scrap n Yap in Monrovia. We were pretty tired by this time (see it in my face?) but being inside the store perked us right up. Lots of cool vintagey & retro delights such as 7 Gypsies, Jenni Bowlin and Melissa Frances. Yum!

A worn-out tour tour bus driver
Allison & Lisa
My findings (store owner Elizabeth told us the white Primas
are so popular they just cannot keep them in stock)


Whew! Long, tiring but super FUN day!

1 comment:

Jolee Jane said...

WOW! thanks for sharing- I am so envious, I have never been to any of these stores but now I feel like I know where to go;)