Wednesday, September 24, 2008

at this moment

There is a whole lotta shaking going on here. No, we haven't had any more California earthquakes --instead it's the "moving and shaking" of home improvements. First there was the roof. Love the new roof. Now we're on the verge of extermination work. We've had to trim back trees and shrubs and leave lots of room for the workers to drill (yes we have those pesky subterranean chompers), and then in a couple of weeks it'll be time for a tent to be draped.

On the tail end of that (in fact the very day the tent comes off), DH's mama will be here to visit us for a week. So, we're busy little bees re-doing one of the kids rooms for her to stay in. Before we knew that my M-I-L was coming, we'd already planned a lot of little projects, so now those are all being fast-tracked. Lots of visits to the Home Depot for us-lol!

Next weekend we'll be throwing a monster yard sale to move out more clutter (I can hardly believe it's been a year since the last yard sale!) Then I'm having a "tent-sale" on food --no, I won't be holding a real sale. That's just my way of saying that my friends are being invited over to raid my pantry prior to the termite tent. We have to dispose of nearly all food with the exception of canned or vacuum packed food in jars.

Can't wait to be on the other side of this flurry of activity with a clean & uncluttered, pest free home.

Stay tuned for sneak peeks at my November class for the next SGT kickoff...

1 comment:

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow!! Sounds like things are really shaping up around the house. Can't wait to see it. I totally want to come to your yard sale and food sale too. Best of luck in getting it all finished!