What to purge
- stuff you don’t like (kinda obvious, but bears saying)
- stuff you have too much of (Can you reduce it by half? Can you live with 25% of what you have?)
- stuff you don’t use any more or don’t want (ie “outdated style” stuff; colors or patterns you rarely use; partially used packages of stuff; tools that don’t suit you, etc.)
- stuff you don’t realize that you don’t want (ask yourself: “If I had the time am I inspired to do a project using this stuff right now?” “Or am I saving it for ‘some day’ that may never come?”)
How to purge
- Use a 3 box method: throw away, give away, sell
- Sell it on ebay, at a yard sale, at the LSS (if yours does yard sales), through the Recycler (SoCal only) or Craig’s List
- Send it to charity, schools & pre-schools, senior centers, community centers
- Or give it away to friends, thru FreeCycle, or any other source that can use your discards
- Be realistic with the junk -- throw it away if it is damaged, faded or otherwise unuseable
What to Keep:
- Keep only the best of the best.
- Keep only what you truly LOVE. Your home and your life will feel so much more peaceful and in control.
BTW, if you have some good places for donations, please share!