Friday, June 29, 2007

aloha, baby!


If you've been waiting patiently to see the full sample of my August class at Scrappin' Good Times, the wait is over! I'll be dropping the completed sample at the store this evening.

After I scanned the book, I noticed that the first two pages kind of remind me of the children's book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" by B. Martin Jr. and J. Archambault (illustrated by L. Ehlert). However, you'll just have to come into the store to see what I mean, because I didn't include those pages here. Just teasing you with a little peek.

I can't tell you how many times I've read that book when the kiddoes where younger. I used to be able to quote most of it by heart. Evidently it still lodged somewhere in my subconscious.

A told B, and B told C, "I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree...

5 comments:

illyse said...

Hi There!
I saw you read my blog and were nice enough to say hi and compliment me so I am stopping by yours to say hi too! I live in North OC so I don't get into SGT too often but I LOVE the store and have a t-shirt!! I was reading your profile and there is NO WAY you have been married for 26 years!! You look sooooo young! Is it a mistake and it is really 16 years??
Anyway.. nice to meet you!
illyse

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Yummy cards, their just beautiful!! I am so not a card maker.. I just adore yours!!

Scrapdog1-- said...

Okay, I've seen the whole project, and these samples are just an 'inkling' of what is in store for you. It is another gorgeous project of Cindy's and you won't be disappointed. Check it out at SGT.

Teri said...

Love your work and you page! Of course the hawaiian theme attracted me. aloha cindy!

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow Cindy-this is such a cute book!!